Conditions Treated by Our Auburn/Opelika Chiropractor
Our team at Complete Care Chiropractic is proud to serve a great array of patients in Auburn, Opelika, and the surrounding communities. We are experienced in the use of chiropractic techniques to treat hundreds of conditions that are directly related to the spine and back. The following is a look at just a few of the most common conditions that we treat at Complete Care Chiropractic.
- Bulging Discs: A bulging disc refers to a situation in which a spinal disc's outer edges become weak and stretched, thereby leading to swelling. This can cause pain, numbness, and discomfort both at the disc and in other parts of the body like the arm or leg. Bulging discs can happen as a result of an accident, such as improperly lifting heavy objects or improper spinal biomechanics caused by weak muscles.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: This is a painful and very frustrating condition in which the discs between a person's vertebrae slowly and irrevocably degrade—but it's not a disease! That's a misnomer. You can't catch it or infect someone else with it and it isn't caused by a bacteria or virus. Like bulging discs, it happens as a result of improper spinal biomechanics caused by weak muscles—usually caused by nerve interference due to joint dysfunction—and its progression can be stopped by chiropractic care and rehabilitation.
- Herniated or “Slipped Discs”: Another common disc problem, a herniated disc occurs when the cushion-like portion between the spine's vertebrate gets a tear and the gel-like contents within the disc begin to leak or push out. This can cause serious irritation and pain leading to numbness and general weakness in the arms and legs. Like bulging discs or degenerating discs, it happens as a result of faulty spinal biomechanics caused by weak muscles.
- Sciatica: This is a condition that can occur because of a herniated disc or because of conditions like pregnancy, bone spurs, and spinal stenosis. A person with sciatica experiences pain along their sciatic nerve and may have symptoms like tingling or numbness in one's legs as far down as to the toes. However, it's important to note that in the majority of sciatica cases, pain and numbness are limited to only one leg.
- Whiplash: This is likely the most common accident-caused spinal injury that we deal with. This condition is most often associated with car accidents when the head and neck whip forward and backward from the force of a collision or an abrupt stop in which the body is connected to the seat by the seatbelt. But while car accidents are the most common cause, they aren't the only cause. Sports and slip and fall accidents can also result in a whiplash injury. Whiplash injuries can be incredibly painful and cause side issues like headaches, insomnia, stiffness, difficulty concentrating, and more.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you suffer from one or more of the spinal conditions we’ve mentioned, don't wait any longer to treat your pain. If you live in the Auburn or the Opelika area, call Complete Care Chiropractic today at (334) 501-8867 to schedule your appointment.